ACCA Accredited Programme
Do you dream of a career in finance in Poland and abroad? Do you wish to benefit the most from your studies to achieve more in your professional life? Do you want to gain during your studies practical skills in finance, accounting and modern management, and additionally get their international acknowledgement?
Open up to new possibilities and reach for the benefits of studying on the ACCA Accredited Programme at Wroclaw University of Economics.
Students attending the ACCA Accredited Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Finance have a unique opportunity to obtain the ACCA Qualification faster, thus saving not only time, but also money (up to 700 GBP!)
WHAT IS ACCA?
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the biggest and fastest-growing global body for professional accountants. It aims to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
ACCA supports its over 200 000 members and almost 500 000 students in 180 countries. Over 1800 members belong to the organisation in Poland with another 3900 being in the process of obtaining the qualification. ACCA works through a network of 101 offices and cooperates with almost 7300 employers, closely supporting those investing in human capital. Companies facilitating and nurturing employee learning and development are granted ACCA Approved Employer status.
Founded in 1904, ACCA has consistently held unique core values: opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability. It believes that accountants bring value to economies in all stages of development and seek to develop capacity in the profession and encourage the adoption of global standards. ACCA’s core values are aligned to the needs of employers in all sectors and it ensures that through its range of qualifications, it prepares accountants for business. ACCA seeks to open up the profession to people of all backgrounds and remove artificial barriers, innovating its qualifications and delivery to meet the diverse needs of trainee professionals and their employers.
WHY IS IT WORTH IT?
Why can you reach for more with ACCA?
- prestigious qualification in the field of finance, accounting and management, highly valued by employers all over the world. ACCA collaborates with more than 7,300 accredited employers in the world,
- bigger chances of finding an interesting job, a managerial position, freedom in making important business decisions and higher wages (according to the latest Goldman Recruitment Salary Survey, the average monthly gross earnings of an ACCA member in Poland amount to PLN 19,500 and of an ACCA student – PLN 11,200)
- acknowledgement of comprehensive knowledge and practical skills (which is recognised around the world) in the field of modern enterprise management, auditing, management accounting, financial accounting, risk management, strategic planning, law and taxes;
- competencies based on the most up-to-date and constantly verified needs of employers as well as the requirements imposed on finance professionals by the changing world; exams are based on case studies which are directly reflected in their future careers. Thanks to that, ACCA students gain not only the necessary knowledge, but above all practical business skills that support their career and development,
- adjustment of the path of competence development to the students’ needs – the students decide themselves how quickly they wish to proceed through individual stages of acquiring the qualification and are free to take the exams in any city and country; optional exams available at the Strategic Professional level allow them to specialise in their area of interest.
- support from the organisation both for ACCA students and members in their continuous development – networking, workshops ACCA Academy, free educational materials, webinars, conferences, etc.
ACCA ACCREDITED PROGRAMME AT WROCLAW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS – BENEFITS
Wroclaw University of Economics received the ACCA accreditation for the Finance programme which includes both the Bachelor and the Master degree. Thanks to the accreditation, Wroclaw University of Economics students are able to obtain exemptions from some ACCA exams during their studies, thus greatly accelerating their path to ACCA membership!
Why is it good to combine the studies in Finance with the ACCA business qualification?
- exemptions from some ACCA exams – you receive credits for courses in the given subjects and you are entitled to some exemptions from ACCA exams at the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills level: up to 7 exemptions on Bachelor level and 1 exemption on Master level,
- ACCA Accelerate Scholarship – you can take advantage of attractive discounts on ACCA costs (subscription and exam fees) and accelerate your path to gaining the ACCA qualification,
- Studies 2 in 1 – you stand out on the labour market thanks to the combination of the diploma of Wroclaw University of Economics with ACCA – the prestigious international business qualification,
- ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business – after passing all the exams from the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills level (including passing two selected Applied Skills exams in ACCA sessions) and after completing the Ethics and Professional Skills Module you receive an official ACCA diploma.
Which subjects should I choose to get exemptions from ACCA examinations?
ACCA accreditation at Wroclaw University of Economics confirms the high level of teaching which is consistent with international ACCA standards and guarantees an adequate emphasis on practising practical competencies through the analysis of case studies during the classes. It also means that students receiving credits in accredited subjects within the scope of classes at the university get further exemptions from ACCA exams:
|ACCA exam||Accredited subjects at the Bachelor studies||Accredited subjects at the Master studies|
|Accountant in Business (AB)
Management Accounting (MA)
Financial Accounting (FA)
Graduates of Finance programme
|Corporate and Business Law (LW)||Corporate and Business Law||–|
|Performance Management (PM)||Cost and Managerial Accounting||–|
|Financial Reporting (FR)||Intermediate Accounting and Financial Reporting||–|
|Financial Management (FM)||Corporate Finance||–|
Note! Studies within the framework of ACCA Accredited Programmes are not associated with any additional costs and do not require registration with ACCA.
ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP – BENEFITS
Wroclaw University of Economics students undertaking the accredited subjects and determined to acquire the ACCA qualification may apply for the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP which provides financial support at the beginning of their path to ACCA membership: financially attractive discounts on exemptions from ACCA examinations and cancellation of the first annual fee.
ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP – what do you gain?
- Financial savings – attractive discounts on exemptions from ACCA examinations of GBP 10 per exemption (paid after graduation!) and the exemption from the first annual fee
- taking advantage of the exemptions after graduation from the accredited studies (outside the Accelerate Scholarship) is associated with a standard exemption fee: £ 74 for 1 exam from the Applied Knowledge level; £ 100 for 1 exam from the Applied Skills level
- possibility of combining the diploma of Wroclaw University Economics with the status of an ACCA student, i.e. of the person acquiring an international business qualification for top finance professionals,
- significant acceleration of the path to ACCA membership – passing 8 ACCA exams within Bachelor and Master studies with the option of taking further exams in ACCA during the studies),
- perfect way to enrich your CV and to stand out against other graduates on the labour market – the ACCA qualification is highly valued by many employers around the world, especially approx. 7,300 accredited employers: EY, PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, Citi Handlowy, P&G, Unilever, Shell, PZU, Simens, HP, Capgemini, IBM, Agora, Infosys, BP, Motorola, Link 4 or Coca Cola, to mention a few of the most recognized brands,
- chance to get an attractive employment – according to a global study, conducted among the ACCA members, one out of five respondents hold top positions such as CEO, CFO or Financial Director,
- chance of higher earnings – the median of monthly earnings of an ACCA student is PLN 11,200 gross and of an ACCA member is PLN 19,500 gross in Poland – according to the latest survey by Goldman Recruitment Salary Survey of 2017 ),
- passport to an international career – a global recognition of qualifications contributes to the fact that ACCA members are perceived everywhere as world-class specialists in the field of finance, accounting and management,
- continuous professional development – free access to countless educational resources of ACCA as well as valuable networking and training events, conferences, workshops developing professional competencies and much more!
ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP – how to get it?
First of all – keep an eye for the information regarding the launch of the recruitment phase applicable to your year of study; news concerning the scholarship will be passed by the ACCA Coordinator and ACCA Ambassador at Wroclaw University of Economics. The latest information can be always found in the student group and on the ACCA Poland page on Facebook.
By accepting the scholarship offer you agree to register with ACCA in accordance with the principles of ACCA Accelerate Scholarship: the ACCA online registration form should be filled out within the deadline set by ACCA after having received the Accelerate letter from Wroclaw University of Economics and in accordance with the registration instructions of ACCA Accelerate Scholarship.
Registration can be carried out:
- during a registration meeting with ACCA representatives at your university,
- during an online registration meeting carried out by ACCA representatives.
- on your own, based on the ACCA registration guide.
What are the conditions for obtaining the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP?
- Status of 3rd year student (in case of Bachelor studies) or 1st year student (in case of Master studies) of the accredited programme in Finance,
- Obtain the Accelerate letter with the Accelerate code necessary for registration from the ACCA Coordinator at the university,
- online registration with ACCA using the form only within the deadline set by ACCA with the use of Accelerate code, according to the registration rules!
Holders of ACCA Accelerate Scholarship are obliged, within the deadline* specified on the named Accelerate letter, to confirm with ACCA their completion of accredited studies by providing scans of diploma together with a supplement by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
* It is a 12-month period counted from the official date of graduation (e.g. if you started 3-year studies in October 2016, and graduated in the summer of 2019, you have to fulfil the above-described obligations by the end of September 2020)
More information about the ACCA Accelerate Scholarship can be found at: http://www.accapolska.pl/ACCA-na-uczelniach/ACCA-Accelerate-Scholarship
ACCA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS – benefits
Every student of Wroclaw University of Economics who wants to confirm their competencies and knowledge in the scope of finance, accounting and modern management and who thinks seriously about acquiring the ACCA qualification, has a unique opportunity to receive the ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business on their way to the full ACCA qualification.
How to get the ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business?
- the first step is the registration with the ACCA organisation, on the website :
- students receiving all exemptions from the ACCA examinations at the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills level (former Fundamentals) must pass at least 2 exams from the Applied Skills level (former F4-F9) in ACCA sessions,
- the online training Ethics and Professional Skills Module should be completed.
Do you have an appetite for more? If you want to find out why you should be a member of ACCA, go to the “Your way to ACCA” page!
YOUR WAY TO ACCA
Why will your professional career gain momentum thanks to the ACCA membership?
- ACCA members are an international group of highly-valued, undeniable experts in the field of finance, accounting and management. The ACCA Association ensures that the experts who are members of the organisation are people who represent the highest standards of knowledge, practical skills and business ethics.
- One in five ACCA members hold the highest managerial positions, such as CEO, CFO or Financial Director in companies around the world. ACCA members make the most important business decisions in a competent and confident manner with the ACCA qualification having prepared them for it both substantially and practically.
- It is a unique networking community of more than 200,000 people worldwide who constantly exchange their knowledge and experience, for whom the continuous development and its surroundings are important, and who track global trends in business and finance and are well-prepared for the upcoming changes.
- The median of monthly earnings of ACCA members is PLN 19,500 gross – according to the recent Goldman Recruitment Salary Survey 2017.
ACCA Membership is at your fingertips. Study on the Accredited ACCA Programme at the Wroclaw University of Economics and reach for more!
Further way to acquire ACCA qualifications:
Upon graduating from the ACCA Accredited Programme at Wrocław University of Economics:
- you complete the remaining exams required as part of the ACCA qualification: any missing ones from the Fundamentals level and all 4 from the Strategic Professional level:
- 2 obligatory Essentials exams
- selected 2 out of 4 available Options
Find out more about the exams: http://www.accapolska.pl/Kwalifikacja-ACCA/Egzaminy-ACCA
- you complete the online training Ethics and Professional Skills Module;
- You confirm at least three years of professional experience in finance. You can find out more at: http://www.accapolska.pl/Kwalifikacja-ACCA/Doswiadczenie-i-kompetencje
After completing the above requirements and submitting your ACCA membership application, you become an ACCA member! 🙂
Watch the video from the New Member Ceremony during which we welcomed the new members of the ACCA organisation.
Meet our members and learn more about their way to ACCA: http://www.accapolska.pl/Czlonkowie-ACCA/Moja-droga-do-ACCA
ACCA FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is ACCA?
ACCA is one of the most prestigious professional qualifications in the field of finance, accounting and management, valued by employers around the world.
How can I get the ACCA qualification?
Where no accredited ACCA programme is available, the standard path to the ACCA membership is as follows:
- Registration with ACCA and payment of a one-time registration fee
- Passing exams required at ACCA and paying the examination fees for any attempt at the examination session and payment of annual subscription fees from the moment of registration with ACCA. It is possible to take advantage of up to four exemptions from exams based on studies completed (Finance & Accounting or related).
- After passing all the exams and fulfilling other requirements, i.e. after the completion of the ethical module and documenting a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, an ACCA student met the requirements of the ACCA qualification and after submitting the ACCA membership application became a member of the organisation.
After the introduction of the Accredited ACCA Programmes at the universities, a new, accelerated path to ACCA membership was created, thanks to which it is possible to obtain up to 9 exemptions from ACCA examinations, on the basis of accredited academic subjects. In addition, the students fulfilling the ACCA accreditation can now apply for the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP in the form of an attractive discount on the exemptions from exams and on the annual fee. In such a case, the path to ACCA is carried out in the following way:
- studies at the ACCA Accredited Programme: fulfilment of accredited subjects and taking exams authorised to grant exemptions from ACCA exams
- registration with ACCA in accordance with the Accelerate principles during studies (usually in the 3rd year of Bachelor studies and 1st year of Master studies) and payment of the registration fee
- benefiting from attractive discounts on the obtained exemptions from ACCA exams
- exemption from the first annual ACCA fee
- possibility of taking further ACCA examinations during studies from the moment of registration with the organisation
- possibility of obtaining the ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
after passing two selected exams from the Applied Skills level and completion of the Ethics and Professional Skills Module ;
- within 12 months of graduation from the university sending the scan of ACCA diploma and supplement in English.
- Passing the remaining required exams and fulfilling other requirements, i.e. after the completion of the ethical module and documenting a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, an ACCA student met the requirements of the ACCA qualification and after submitting the ACCA membership application became a member of the organisation.
Can I enrol for accredited subjects without registration with ACCA?
Yes you can. Studying at the Accredited ACCA Programme is not associated with additional fees and does not require registration with ACCA. You enrol for the subjects, take the exams in the ACCA standard and get the possibility of being exempt from the ACCA examination. When, after some time, you decide that you want to become an ACCA student and ultimately an ACCA member, the registration with ACCA, during which you submit the diploma and supplement (in English) will be necessary. In this case, you will be obliged to pay the standard exemption fee (equal to the early deadline exam fee). Therefore, there is a possibility of implementing accredited subjects without registration and intention to apply for the membership and ACCA and the university do not document it in any formal way.
Does the registration with ACCA within the framework of ACCA Accelerate Scholarship oblige me to implement the accredited subjects?
No, the registration ensures only free exemptions.
Are the subjects that ensure the exemption from the ACCA exams available also at part-time studies?
No, only full-time studies also have the accreditation.
What is the Accelerate scholarship?
If you decide to register and take subsequent ACCA exams during the studies, you can apply for the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP in form of an attractive financial discount on the exemptions from ACCA examinations and on the annual fee. The Accelerate Scholarship allows the students of programmes accredited by ACCA to acquire the ACCA qualification faster since further ACCA exams necessary to become an ACCA member can be taken during the course of their studies!
Who can apply for the Accelerate scholarship?
Only persons who study in the programmes accredited by ACCA from the selected years of studies (usually 3rd year of the Bachelor studies and 1st year of the Master studies) can apply for the ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP.
How can I apply for the Accelerate scholarship?
To be granted the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP, you should, within the specified deadline, collect the Accelerate letter containing the Accelerate code from the university and then register with the organisation in accordance with the instructions received, within the deadline applicable for the given Accredited Programme.
How to register with ACCA to apply for the Accelerate scholarship?
To apply for the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP, you have to register
with the organisation. For this purpose, you need to fill out, within the deadline specified by ACCA and in accordance with the Accelerate registration instructions, the online registration form available at the following address: https://www.accaglobal.com/acca-registration-intro.html
Registration can be carried out:
- on your own, based on the registration guide received from ACCA.
- during a meeting with ACCA representatives
- as part of the online registration session carried out by ACCA representatives.
What documents are required for the registration with ACCA in order to apply for the Accelerate scholarship?
The following documents in electronic version (PDF/JPG) are necessary during the registration process:
– the Accelerate letter received from the university along with the Accelerate code
– identity document: identity card (2 pages) or passport
What are the online registration meetings?
During the online registration meeting, the ACCA representative leads the students step by step through the ACCA registration process within the framework of ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP. It is also an opportunity to ask questions about the registration and Accelerate scholarship. ACCA informs about the dates of registration meetings in advance.
I’m going to register with ACCA within the Accelerate scholarship on my own. What should I pay particular attention to during the registration process?
Use the online guide to registration with ACCA within the Accelerate scholarship.
Pay special attention to:
“Please confirm the course you are aplying for”: select ‘ACCA Qualification’,
„Select qualification”: select ‘ACCA Qualification – Select qualification,
“Upload identification”: attach a copy of ID card (2 pages) or passport
“Upload entry requirements”: attach a copy of the Accelerate letter received from the university
In the “Registration code” field enter the Accelerate code that you will find in the Accelerate letter
The registration itself takes about 10 minutes. Please remember that the size of each file attached must not exceed 5 MB.
What are the benefits of the Accelerate scholarship?
If you decide to register and take subsequent ACCA exams during the studies, you can apply for the ACCA ACCELERATE SCHOLARSHIP that will provide you with the following benefits:
attractive discount on exemptions from ACCA examinations and exemption from the first annual fee – a saving of up to £ 829 (for exemptions from Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams) in relation to the registration with ACCA in standard mode!
possibility of combining a diploma of graduation from a highly-regarded university with the status of an ACCA student, the person acquiring an international business qualification for top finance professionals – a great way to enrich your CV and stand out on the labour market and against other graduates!
joining the international group of ACCA students and participating in events organised specially for them – you will develop your competencies and professional networking!
increasing the chances of getting an attractive employment and higher wages – the median of gross monthly salary of ACCA students and members in Poland amounts to PLN 19,500, source: Goldman Recruitment Salary Survey, 2017!
What fees are related to the registration with ACCA in the framework of the Accelerate scholarship?
Registration with ACCA is associated with a one-time registration fee of £79. Starting from the following calendar year an annual ACCA student fee is due. (it amounts to £97 in 2018).
Students with the Accelerate scholarship are exempt from the first annual fee. Within the Accelerate scholarship, the preferential fee for the exemptions from the exams amounts to £10 for each exemption (with standard fees from £74 to £100 for each exemption).
Do I have to apply for the Accelerate scholarship to enrol for accredited subjects and get exemptions from individual exams?
No, the Accelerate scholarship provides you only with the benefit of discounts on the exemptions obtained. There are no obstacles to get exemptions and register with ACCA after graduation because they are valid for an indefinite period and granted on the basis of the diploma and supplement.
When and how can I pay the registration fee of £79?
The registration fee of £79 must be paid during the process of online registration with ACCA. The payment is made online by credit card, debit card or with the use of PayPal.
I am still studying. What exemptions will be granted to me if I sign up for ACCA
within the Accelerate scholarship?
Registration with ACCA in a specified period and receiving the Accelerate scholarship provide you with all the exemptions available for the given accredited programme, i.e. for the given university and within the given form of studies. These are the so-called conditional exemptions which must be confirmed within 12 months after graduation by sending the scan of diploma and supplement to ACCA.
What happens if I fail to implement all the subjects accredited by ACCA?
After graduation, you will be asked to send the scan of your diploma and supplement to ACCA. On that basis, the exemptions to which you are entitled will be confirmed and the exemptions from ACCA exams in relation to which you didn’t manage to get rights during the studies will be withdrawn. You will have the possibility of passing the “missing” ACCA examinations from the Fundamentals level for the standard examination fee, as part of the examination sessions organised by ACCA.
If I do not get the Accelerate scholarship, am I also not entitled to the exemptions from ACCA examinations?
In case of graduates of accredited programmes the option of using the exemptions from the ACCA examinations will be available indefinitely, i.e. in the course of studies, just after the graduation as well as at any time in the future. Benefiting from exemptions from ACCA exams is associated with paying the standard exemption fee; unlike the Accelerate scholarship where the exemption fee is £10.
Is it allowed to make the payment related to the registration with ACCA by card which is owned by another person?
Yes, you can use a different card.
Do you have any questions? Contact us:
dr Karolina Daszyńska – Żygadło
ACCA POLAND OFFICE: email@example.com
Join the ACCA Student Group of Wroclaw University of Economics on Facebook
ACCA on Instagram
ACCA on Twitter
Visit the ACCA Global website: http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en.html
Visit the ACCA Poland website: http://www.accapolska.pl/
Visit the website dedicated to ACCA Accredited Programmes at Universities: http://studiujzacca.pl/
If you have any questions you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook // Twitter